What You Can Do
People across America are working together to oppose the right-wing plan to capture our courts and enact a radical social and economic agenda.
The right wing take over of the courts only begins with the Court. It also includes the lower federal courts. Like Supreme Court nominees, all Federal judges are nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate. If confirmed, they serve a lifetime term and can only be removed by impeachment. Here are some things you can do to take action in the fight.
SCOTUS and the Federal Courts
The Senate is confirming the Trump administration’s judicial nominees at a breakneck speed. To do so, they are ignoring the traditional vetting process that is used to identify and confirm well-qualified nominees.
1. Visit, call, and/or email your Senators’ offices to tell them courts matter to you and ask them what they’re doing to ensure the impartiality of the federal judiciary.
2. Host an event on the importance of courts, judicial vacancies, and the confirmation process with your local ACS Chapter and local organizations (affinity bars, NAACP chapters, Why Courts Matter, local unions, etc.).
3. Reach out to local radio and television stations in your towns and universities (yes, even you, students!). Speak to your communities about the importance of the courts through reliable and proven avenues of communication.
4. Submit an op-ed or letter to the editor to your local paper on what is at stake with these lifetime appointments.
5. Talk to your friends and family about the need to protect the federal judiciary. Post about the importance of the courts on your social media accounts using #courtsmatter.
6. Follow ACS on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for updates on Trump’s transformation of the judiciary.
7. Donate to ACS to ensure we can continue our important work.