ACS hosted its annual Supreme Court Preview at the National Press Club. ACS President Caroline Fredrickson provided the introduction and National Constitution Center President Jeffrey Rosen moderated the panel discussion.
Panel Discussion featured:
Gregory Garre, Partner at Latham & Watkins,
Martin Lederman, Associate Professor of Law at Georgetown University Law Center,
William Marshall, the William Rand Kenan, Jr. Distinguished Professor of Law at the University of North Carolina School of Law
Emily Martin, Vice President and General Counsel at the National Women’s Law Center
Janai Nelson, Associate Director-Counsel at the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
ACS's "9/11 at 10" symposium, marking the 10th anniversary of the tragic events of September 11, 2001, featured:
- Moderator , Jeffrey Rosen, law professor, The George Washington University;
- Michael German, Senior Counsel, ACLU;
- Deepa Iyer, Executive Director, South Asian Americans Leading Together;
- Gregory Nojeim, Senior Counsel and Director of Project on Freedom, Security and Technology, Center for Democracy and Technology;
- Suzanne Spaulding, Principal, the Bingham Consulting Group and former Executive Director of the National Commission on Terrorism and Assistant General Counsel, CIA; and
- Kenneth L. Wainstein, Partner, O’Melveny & Myers LLP and former Homeland Security Advisor to President George W. Bush