October 22, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, Central Time
ACS Minneapolis-St. Paul: Voting Rights and the Impact of COVID-19
The ACS Minneapolis-Saint Paul Lawyer Chapter and the Hispanic Bar Association is excited to host an event on the impact of voting rights and Covid-19 on the upcoming election.
The topics will include:
- A historical context regarding voter suppression, addressing issues of disenfranchisement and myth(s) about voter fraud;
- The Voting Rights Act in general and how it manifests itself in Minnesota;
- Litigation around the country amid COVID-19 and mail-in voting.
- How to serve as a voting judge; and
- Voter suppression in Minnesota and what local attorneys can do to help.
Rory F. Collins, Associate, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP; Member, ACS Minneapolis-St.Paul Lawyer Chapter Board of Directors
Hon. Steve Simon, Minnesota's 22nd Secretary of State and Member, ACS Minneapolis-St. Paul Board of Advisors
Annastacia Belladonna-Carrera, Executive Director, Common Cause Minnesota
Craig S. Coleman, Partner, Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Saraswati Singh, Assistant County Attorney, Ramsey County Attorney's Office; Co-President, ACS Minneapolis-St. Paul Lawyer Chapter Board of Directors; ACS Next Generation Leader
1.0 hour of CLE credit is pending for this event.