February 28, 2020
8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Eastern Time
ACS Georgia: 29th Annual Georgia Bar Media & Judiciary Conference
Join the ACS Georgia Lawyer Chapter, the State Bar of Georgia, and our other community cosponsors for the 29th Annual Georgia Bar Media & Judiciary Conference: “Georgia Judges, Journalists, and Lawyers and the First Amendment - A Primer on Recurring and Emerging Issues and the Law.”
This year’s conference will include discussions on the following topics:
• The Media and the Courts: Content & Coverage
• Behind the Headlines: Reporting on Georgia Senior Care
• The State of Investigative Reporting: Nationally and in Georgia
• Justice or a Revolving Door?
• And Then They Came for Me: Law, Justice and the Holocaust
• Are We Ready: Georgia Elections in 2020
• A Look Back: Law Enforcement, The Media and The Suspect
• Georgia Public Broadcasting’s Political Rewind
For lawyers seeking CLE credit, the conference costs $200 in advance and $350 for day-of registration. The conference costs $35 for the general public, including journalists, $10 for students, and is complimentary for judges. Costs include a box lunch and parking.
6.5 hours of Georgia CLE credit, including 1.0 ethics hour and 1.0 professionalism hour, are available for this program.
Co-Sponsors: ACLU of Georgia, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Atlanta Press Club, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner, Caplan Cobb, Council of Probate Court Judges, Council of State Court Judges, Council of Superior Court Judges, Daily Report, Georgia First Amendment Foundation, Jones Day, Judicial Council | Administrative Office of the Courts, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, and Taylor English & Duma