February 22, 2019
8:30 am - 5:00 pm , Eastern Time
ACS Georgia: 28th Annual Georgia Bar Media & Judiciary Conference
Join the Georgia Lawyer Chapter of the American Constitution Society, ACLU of Georgia, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Atlanta Press Club, Bryan Cave LLP, Caplan Cobb LLP, Council Of State Court Judges, Council Of Superior Court Judges, Georgia First Amendment Foundation, Jones Day, Judicial Council/Administrative Office Of The Courts, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP, Poston Communications LLC, and the State Bar Of Georgia for the 28th Annual Georgia Bar Media & Judiciary Conference.
This year’s conference is entitled "Georgia Judges, Journalists and Lawyers and the First Amendment – A Primer on Recurring and Emerging Issues and the Law," and will include the following topics:
- New Times, New Tests for the Media: Keeping Public Trust in a Polarized World
- Building New Trust in Government?: The City of Atlanta Takes a Fresh Step Toward Transparency That May Become a National Model
- Public Trust and the Courts: New Rules for Public Access
- Talking About History: Buried Truths Brings New Tools to Bear in Podcasting Georgia’s Past
- And Then They Came for Me: Law, Justice and the Holocaust
- Trust, Civility and Free Speech on Campus
- Trust and the Administration of Elections: What Will Change When Georgia Votes in 2020
- WABE’s Political Breakfast
Click here to register. The conference costs $250 in advance for lawyers seeking CLE credit; $350 for registration the day of the conference. The conference costs $30 for everyone else, which includes a box lunch and parking.
8.0 hours of Georgia CLE credit, including 1.0 Trial Practice hour, are available for this program.