October 23, 2018
How You Can Protect the Federal Courts
The Senate is confirming the Trump administration’s judicial nominees at a breakneck speed. To do so, they are ignoring the traditional vetting process that is used to identify and confirm well-qualified nominees. Here are things you can do to elevate the importance of the federal judiciary!
1. Visit, call, and/or email your Senators’ offices to tell them courts matter to you and ask them what they’re doing to ensure the impartiality of the federal judiciary.
2. Host an event on the importance of courts, judicial vacancies, and the confirmation process with your local ACS Chapter and local organizations (affinity bars, NAACP chapters, Why Courts Matter, local unions, etc.).
3. Reach out to local radio and television stations in your towns and universities (yes, even you, students!). Speak to your communities about the importance of the courts through reliable and proven avenues of communication.
4. Submit an op-ed or letter to the editor to your local paper on what is at stake with these lifetime appointments.
5. Talk to your friends and family about the need to protect the federal judiciary. Post about the importance of the courts on your social media accounts using #courtsmatter.
7. Donate to ACS to ensure we can continue our important work.