Page not found
The Path to the Federal Bench
May 31, 2011
Click the photo above for video of "The Path to the Federal Bench," a conversation featuring (from left to right):
- Chief Judge Theodore A. McKee, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Caroline Fredrickson, President, American Constitution Society
- Judge Albert Diaz, U. S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Cosponsored by: Hispanic National Bar Association, Justice at Stake, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, National Association of Women Judges, National Bar Association, National Congress of American Indians and National LGBT Bar Association
Judge Andre M. Davis Speaks with ACSblog about the Process of Becoming a Federal Judge
Your Path to Becoming a Judge
The ACS Maryland Lawyer Chapter
March 23, 2011
The ACS Maryland Lawyer Chapter recently co-hosted a panel of judges, who provided a behind-the-scenes look at their path to becoming a judge and discussed the importance of a diverse bench.
- Moderator, Renée Hutchins, Associate Professor, University of Maryland School of Law;
- Judge Andre M. Davis, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit;
- Judge Brian G. Kim, Montgomery County District Court;
- Judge Kendra A. Ausby, Baltimore City Circuit Court.
Other sponsors of the event were the Alliance of Black Women Attorneys of Maryland, Inc., the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Maryland, the Hispanic National Bar Association, and the Monumental City Bar Association.
The Path to the Bench: A Conversation on Federal Judicial Selection
November 18, 2010
- Moderator, Carrie Johnson, NPR Justice Correspondent
- Rachel Brand, Counsel, WilmerHale; Former Assistant Attorney General for Legal Policy (2003-2007); Associate Counsel to the President (2001-2002)
- Robert Raben, President and Founder, The Raben Group; Former Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs (1999-2001)
- Wm. T. (Bill) Robinson III, President-Elect, American Bar Association (2010-2011)
- Russell Wheeler, Brookings Institution, Visiting Fellow, Governance Studies
Federal Judges Panel
The ACS Penn Law Student Chapter hosted an panel for a discussion about the ways that judges reach their decisions.
February 3, 2011
- Chief Judge Alex Kozinski, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Judge Rosemary Pooler, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Judge Barrington Parker, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the
- Judge Mary McLaughlin, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania