News and Blogs
A collection of news articles and blog posts spotlighting state attorneys general and their work.
National State AG News
- Denise Lavoie, Herring urges Va. justices to reject gun ban appeal in effort to prevent violence at Richmond rally, 10Wavy.com (Jan. 17, 2020)
- Don Thompson, California sues to block Trump administration fracking plans, The San Francisco Chronicle (Jan. 17, 2020)
- Natalie Delgadillo, Electrical Contractor Reaches $2.75 Million Settlement In D.C. Wage Theft Lawsuit, DCist (Jan. 16, 2020)
- Sunny Kim, New York AG files lawsuit to stop new Trump administration food stamp rule, CNBC (Jan. 16, 2020)
- Luke Broadwater, Brian Frosh, lawmakers push for legislation to block Maryland from suspending driver’s licenses over unpaid tickets, The Baltimore Sun (Jan. 15, 2020)
- Monica Nickelsburg, Washington state AG accuses feds of trying to ‘undermine’ states in T-Mobile-Sprint lawsuit, Geekwire (Jan. 15, 2020)
- Ida Domingo, AG Herring joins coalition to reject borrower defense rule that would ‘hurt students’, ABC13 News (Jan. 14, 2020)
- State seeks corrective actions from private detention centers, Herald and News (Jan. 14, 2020)
- AG Xavier Becerra Joins Legal Battle Over San Mateo Condos to Defend State Housing Law, San Jose Inside (Jan. 14, 2020)
- Ashley Southall, Subway Arrests Investigated Over Claims People of Color Are Targeted, The New York Times (Jan. 13, 2020)
- Attorneys General From DC, Maryland Oppose Proposal To Allow Methane Gas To Be Shipped By Rail, CBS13 WJZ (Jan. 13, 2020)
- Liam Elder-Connors, AG Reopens Investigation Into St. Albans Cop Who Allegedly Pepper Sprayed Handcuffed Man, Vermont Public Radio (Jan. 13, 2020)
ACSblogs and Issue Briefs
For all ACSblogs on State Attorneys General, click here.
- Karen Sokol, The Essential Role of State Courts in Addressing Climate Harms, ACS Expert Forum (November 20, 2019).
- Jane Flanagan, No Exit: Understanding Employee Non-Competes and Identifying Best Practices to Limit Their Overuse, ACS Issue Brief (November 2019).
- Julia Stein, Revoking California’s Clean Air Act Waiver Is Bad Policy and Legally Indefensible, ACS Expert Forum (September 18, 2019).
- Michelle Mello and Nora Freeman Engstrom, The Oklahoma Opioids Verdict and Ongoing Litigation, ACS Expert Forum (August 29, 2019).
- Timothy Zick, TRUST and Retaliation: The First Amendment and Trump’s Taxes, ACS Expert Forum (July 31, 2019).
- Nicole Huberfeld, Texas v. U.S.: Another Day, Another Threat to the Affordable Care Act, ACS Expert Forum (July 8, 2019).
- Danielle Conley and Ariel Levinson-Waldman, Discriminatory Driver’s License Suspension Schemes, ACS Issue Brief (March 19, 2019).
- Alan Neff, Litigation to Enjoin the National Emergency Declaration: An Overview of Alleged Injuries and Related Proof Issues, ACS Expert Forum (March 13, 2019).
- Ann Carlson, Meredith Hankins, and Julia Stein, Shifting Gears: The Federal Government’s Reversal on California’s Clean Air Act Waiver, ACS Issue Brief (February, 2019).
- Alan Neff, On Wisconsin: Suing In State Court To Overturn Republicanss’ Lame-Duck Sore-Loser Legislation, ACS Expert Forum (January 22, 2019).
- Jeff Mandel and Craig Mastantuono, Brazen Effort to Curtail Wisconsin Attorney General’s Power is Unconstitutional, ACS In Brief (December 5, 2018).
- Zinelle October and Faisal Sheikh, State Attorneys General Impact Our Everyday Lives; Their Elections Matter, ACS In Brief (November 6, 2018).
- Alexandra O’Keefe, More Than 30 State Attorneys General Are Up for Election in 2018. Their Races Are Even More Important Than You Think, ACS In Brief (November 5, 2018).
- Jonathan Miller, Beyond the Courts: The Role of State and Local Governments in Supporting Immigrant Communities in the Trump Era, ACS Expert Forum (July 17, 2018).
- Andy Beshear, Kentucky Must Keep the Promise on Pensions for Teachers, Police, State Workers, ACS Expert Forum (Apr. 30, 2018).
- James Tierney, It’s Time To Take On Big Opioid Like We Did With Big Tobacco, ACS Expert Forum (Mar. 5, 2018).
- Alan Neff, State Prosecutions After Trump Pardons – Mueller’s Plan B?, ACS Expert Forum (Feb. 28, 2018).
- Terri Gerstein, Microsoft ends forced arbitration for sexual harassment: good news, but only a first step, ACS Expert Forum (Jan. 8, 2018).
- James Tierney, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan Takes Action to Compel Reform in the Chicago Police Department, ACSblog (Sept. 1, 2017).
- James Tierney, A Courageous Response to the Voice of Hate, ACS Expert Forum (Aug. 23, 2017).
- Ngozi Esomonu, Resistance from State Attorneys General Reminds Trump that No One is Above the Law, ACS Expert Forum (June 14, 2017).
- Leah Litman, States and The Emoluments Clause, ACSblog (June 13, 2017).
- Faisal Sheikh, Bipartisan Coalition of State AGs Oppose Defunding Legal Services Corporation, ACS Expert Forum (May 25, 2017).
- James Tierney, Twenty-One AGs Urge Education Secretary to Reconsider Rollback of Student Loan Reforms, ACS Expert Forum (May 2, 2017).
- James Tierney, Sabin Center and StateAG.org Launch Environmental Action Database, ACS Expert Forum (Mar. 16, 2017).
- James Tierney, Maryland Legislature Expands State AG Authority – Finally!, ACS Expert Forum (Mar. 3, 2017).