News and Blogs
A collection of news articles and blog posts spotlighting state attorneys general and their work.
National State AG News
- Brady Dennis and Juliet Eilperin, California and nearly two dozen other states sue Trump administration for the right to require more fuel-efficient cars, The Washington Post (Nov. 15, 2019)
- Dalisa Robies, Atty. General Josh Stein urges Congress to support veteran treatment courts, WNCT (Nov. 13, 2019)
- AG Urges Against Proposal ‘Obstructing Access’ to Work Permits, Maui Now (Nov. 10, 2019)
- Katie Johnston, As gig economy expands into temporary staffing, worker protections retreat, The Boston Globe(Nov. 14, 2019)
- Bran Woolston Gov. Bevin concedes to Beshear in Kentucky governor’s race, Rapid City Journal (Nov. 14, 2019)
- Sammi Bushman, Judge rules release of 3D-printed gun plans violated law, K5 News (Nov. 14, 2019)
- Ellison backing states’ lawsuit against Trump rule barring immigrants over health care, Twin Cities Pioneer Press (Nov. 13, 2019)
- AG Urges Trump Administration to Withdraw Rule that Could Leave Asylum-Seekers’ Work Permit Applications in Limbo, Cape May County Herald (Nov. 8, 2019)
For all ACSblogs on State Attorneys General, click here.
- Alan Neff, On Wisconsin: Suing In State Court To Overturn Republicanss’ Lame-Duck Sore-Loser Legislation, ACS Expert Forum (January 22, 2019).
- Jeff Mandel and Craig Mastantuono, Brazen Effort to Curtail Wisconsin Attorney General’s Power is Unconstitutional, ACS In Brief (December 5, 2018).
- Zinelle October and Faisal Sheikh, State Attorneys General Impact Our Everyday Lives; Their Elections Matter, ACS In Brief (November 6, 2018).
- Alexandra O’Keefe, More Than 30 State Attorneys General Are Up for Election in 2018. Their Races Are Even More Important Than You Think, ACS In Brief (November 5, 2018).
- Jonathan Miller, Beyond the Courts: The Role of State and Local Governments in Supporting Immigrant Communities in the Trump Era, ACS Expert Forum (July 17, 2018).
- Andy Beshear, Kentucky Must Keep the Promise on Pensions for Teachers, Police, State Workers, ACS Expert Forum (Apr. 30, 2018).
- James Tierney, It’s Time To Take On Big Opioid Like We Did With Big Tobacco, ACS Expert Forum (Mar. 5, 2018).
- Alan Neff, State Prosecutions After Trump Pardons – Mueller’s Plan B?, ACS Expert Forum (Feb. 28, 2018).
- Terri Gerstein, Microsoft ends forced arbitration for sexual harassment: good news, but only a first step, ACS Expert Forum (Jan. 8, 2018).
- James Tierney, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan Takes Action to Compel Reform in the Chicago Police Department, ACSblog (Sept. 1, 2017).
- James Tierney, A Courageous Response to the Voice of Hate, ACS Expert Forum (Aug. 23, 2017).
- Ngozi Esomonu, Resistance from State Attorneys General Reminds Trump that No One is Above the Law, ACS Expert Forum (June 14, 2017).
- Leah Litman, States and The Emoluments Clause, ACSblog (June 13, 2017).
- Faisal Sheikh, Bipartisan Coalition of State AGs Oppose Defunding Legal Services Corporation, ACS Expert Forum (May 25, 2017).
- James Tierney, Twenty-One AGs Urge Education Secretary to Reconsider Rollback of Student Loan Reforms, ACS Expert Forum (May 2, 2017).
- James Tierney, Sabin Center and StateAG.org Launch Environmental Action Database, ACS Expert Forum (Mar. 16, 2017).
- James Tierney, Maryland Legislature Expands State AG Authority – Finally!, ACS Expert Forum (Mar. 3, 2017).