News and Blogs
A collection of news articles and blog posts spotlighting state attorneys general and their work.
National State AG News
- Melissa Hanson, Mass. Attorney General Maura Healey files regulation prohibiting creditors from debt collection that requires people to leave their homes, MassLive (March 27, 2020)
- AG James and Coalition of Attorneys Request Emergency Relief for Student Loan Borrowers, BKReader (March 26, 2020)
- Blake Nelson, N.J. cops have broken up more than a dozen illegal gatherings across the state, police say, NJ.com (March 26, 2020)
- Kaitlin Riordan, Wash. AG’s Office sends investigators to stores accused of price gouging, KREM2 (March 26, 2020)
- AG Josh Shapiro calling on U.S. Department of Education to suspend student loan payments, Your Erie (March 26, 2020)
- Zoe Read, Delaware considers ways to reduce prison population to mitigate coronavirus spread, WHYY (March 26, 2020)
- Marissa Armas, Over 90 cease and desist orders sent to NM businesses price gouging, KOAT7 (March 25, 2020)
- AG Josh Kaul coalition urges President Trump to spur mask making, FOX6 (March 25, 2020)
- AG Nessel Charges Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith, Assistant Prosecutor Derek Miller, 2 Others In Public Integrity Investigation, CBS Detroit (March 24, 2020)
- Morgan McKay, Hate Crimes Hotline Announced in New York, Spectrum News (March 24, 2020)
- California Attorney General Issues Consumer Alert Regarding False Advertising Related to Coronavirus, Sierra Sun Times (March 24, 2020)
- Phil Stilton, AG Gurbir Grewal: The Time for Warnings is Over, Warns of Strict Enforcement of State Quarantine Orders, Shore News (March 23, 2020)
- Chris Dolmetsch, Amazon, Walmart, eBay pushed by states to stop price gougers, Fortune (March 23, 2020)
ACSblogs and Issue Briefs
For all ACSblogs on State Attorneys General, click here.
- Valerie M Nannery, State Attorneys General Take Action During COVID-19 Outbreak, ACS In Brief (March 18, 2020).
- Karen Sokol, The Essential Role of State Courts in Addressing Climate Harms, ACS Expert Forum (November 20, 2019).
- Jane Flanagan, No Exit: Understanding Employee Non-Competes and Identifying Best Practices to Limit Their Overuse, ACS Issue Brief (November 2019).
- Julia Stein, Revoking California’s Clean Air Act Waiver Is Bad Policy and Legally Indefensible, ACS Expert Forum (September 18, 2019).
- Michelle Mello and Nora Freeman Engstrom, The Oklahoma Opioids Verdict and Ongoing Litigation, ACS Expert Forum (August 29, 2019).
- Timothy Zick, TRUST and Retaliation: The First Amendment and Trump’s Taxes, ACS Expert Forum (July 31, 2019).
- Nicole Huberfeld, Texas v. U.S.: Another Day, Another Threat to the Affordable Care Act, ACS Expert Forum (July 8, 2019).
- Danielle Conley and Ariel Levinson-Waldman, Discriminatory Driver’s License Suspension Schemes, ACS Issue Brief (March 19, 2019).
- Alan Neff, Litigation to Enjoin the National Emergency Declaration: An Overview of Alleged Injuries and Related Proof Issues, ACS Expert Forum (March 13, 2019).
- Ann Carlson, Meredith Hankins, and Julia Stein, Shifting Gears: The Federal Government’s Reversal on California’s Clean Air Act Waiver, ACS Issue Brief (February, 2019).
- Alan Neff, On Wisconsin: Suing In State Court To Overturn Republicanss’ Lame-Duck Sore-Loser Legislation, ACS Expert Forum (January 22, 2019).
- Jeff Mandel and Craig Mastantuono, Brazen Effort to Curtail Wisconsin Attorney General’s Power is Unconstitutional, ACS In Brief (December 5, 2018).
- Zinelle October and Faisal Sheikh, State Attorneys General Impact Our Everyday Lives; Their Elections Matter, ACS In Brief (November 6, 2018).
- Alexandra O’Keefe, More Than 30 State Attorneys General Are Up for Election in 2018. Their Races Are Even More Important Than You Think, ACS In Brief (November 5, 2018).
- Jonathan Miller, Beyond the Courts: The Role of State and Local Governments in Supporting Immigrant Communities in the Trump Era, ACS Expert Forum (July 17, 2018).
- Andy Beshear, Kentucky Must Keep the Promise on Pensions for Teachers, Police, State Workers, ACS Expert Forum (Apr. 30, 2018).
- James Tierney, It’s Time To Take On Big Opioid Like We Did With Big Tobacco, ACS Expert Forum (Mar. 5, 2018).
- Alan Neff, State Prosecutions After Trump Pardons – Mueller’s Plan B?, ACS Expert Forum (Feb. 28, 2018).
- Terri Gerstein, Microsoft ends forced arbitration for sexual harassment: good news, but only a first step, ACS Expert Forum (Jan. 8, 2018).
- James Tierney, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan Takes Action to Compel Reform in the Chicago Police Department, ACSblog (Sept. 1, 2017).
- James Tierney, A Courageous Response to the Voice of Hate, ACS Expert Forum (Aug. 23, 2017).
- Ngozi Esomonu, Resistance from State Attorneys General Reminds Trump that No One is Above the Law, ACS Expert Forum (June 14, 2017).
- Leah Litman, States and The Emoluments Clause, ACSblog (June 13, 2017).
- Faisal Sheikh, Bipartisan Coalition of State AGs Oppose Defunding Legal Services Corporation, ACS Expert Forum (May 25, 2017).
- James Tierney, Twenty-One AGs Urge Education Secretary to Reconsider Rollback of Student Loan Reforms, ACS Expert Forum (May 2, 2017).
- James Tierney, Sabin Center and StateAG.org Launch Environmental Action Database, ACS Expert Forum (Mar. 16, 2017).
- James Tierney, Maryland Legislature Expands State AG Authority – Finally!, ACS Expert Forum (Mar. 3, 2017).