News and Blogs
A collection of news articles and ACSblog posts spotlighting state attorneys general and their work.
National State AG News
- Hannan Adely and Monsy Alvarado, More ICE arrests of immigrants in neighborhoods and workplaces likely coming in New Jersey, North Jersey Record (December 3, 2018).
- Sarah Gray, 15 attorneys general join amicus brief opposing Matthew Whitaker as Acting US Attorney General, Business Insider (November 26, 2018).
- Podcast with Jim Tierney, Why Attorney General Races Draw National Attention (and Donations), WNYC Studios (November 16, 2018).
- Press Release, Attorney General Becerra Leads Coalition Opposing Trump Administration’s Proposal Regarding Immigrant Children Detained by Federal Government, California Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General (November 7, 2018).
- Press Release, Attorney General Underwood Leads Coalition of 26 States, Counties, and Cities in fight against Trump EPA’s “Unlawful” Proposed Replacement for Clean Power Plan, New York State Office of the Attorney General (November 1, 2018).
- Associated Press, AG’s Office Offering Hotline to Report Election Violations, U.S. News and World Report (October 31, 2018).
For all ACSblogs on State Attorneys General, click here.
- Zinelle October and Faisal Sheikh, State Attorneys General Impact Our Everyday Lives; Their Elections Matter, ACSBlog (November 6, 2018).
- Alexandra O’Keefe, More Than 30 State Attorneys General Are Up for Election in 2018. Their Races Are Even More Important Than You Think, ACSBlog (November 5, 2018).
- Jonathan Miller, Beyond the Courts: The Role of State and Local Governments in Supporting Immigrant Communities in the Trump Era, ACSblog (July 17, 2018).
- Andy Beshear, Kentucky Must Keep the Promise on Pensions for Teachers, Police, State Workers, ACSblog (Apr. 30, 2018).
- James Tierney, It’s Time To Take On Big Opioid Like We Did With Big Tobacco, ACSblog (Mar. 5, 2018).
- Alan Neff, State Prosecutions After Trump Pardons – Mueller’s Plan B?, ACSblog (Feb. 28, 2018).
- Terri Gerstein, Microsoft ends forced arbitration for sexual harassment: good news, but only a first step, ACSblog (Jan. 8, 2018).
- James Tierney, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan Takes Action to Compel Reform in the Chicago Police Department, ACSblog (Sept. 1, 2017).
- James Tierney, A Courageous Response to the Voice of Hate, ACSblog (Aug. 23, 2017).
- Ngozi Esomonu, Resistance from State Attorneys General Reminds Trump that No One is Above the Law, ACSblog (June 14, 2017).
- Leah Litman, States and The Emoluments Clause, ACSblog (June 13, 2017).
- Faisal Sheikh, Bipartisan Coalition of State AGs Oppose Defunding Legal Services Corporation, ACSblog (May 25, 2017).
- James Tierney, Twenty-One AGs Urge Education Secretary to Reconsider Rollback of Student Loan Reforms, ACSblog (May 2, 2017).
- James Tierney, Sabin Center and StateAG.org Launch Environmental Action Database, ACSblog (Mar. 16, 2017).
- James Tierney, Maryland Legislature Expands State AG Authority – Finally!, ACSblog (Mar. 3, 2017).