News and Blogs
A collection of news articles and ACSblog posts spotlighting state attorneys general and their work.
National State AG News
- Press Release, Attorney General Letitia James Announces Major Win over Trump Administration in Census Case, New York State Office of the Attorney General (January 15, 2019).
- Stephen Stirling, Attorney general begins nationwide search to reform how N.J. tracks police use of force, NJ.com (January 15, 2019).
- Chris Mills Rodrigo, South Carolina joins lawsuit against Trump offshore drilling plan, The Hill (January 8, 2019).
- Ken Haddad, Michigan AG Nessel asks Wayne County Prosecutor Worthy to take over Flint water cases, ClickOnDetroit.com (January 4, 2019).
- Paul Demko, Democratic states appeal ruling that would kill Obamacare, Politico (January 3, 2019).
- Associated Press, Michigan AG to Review Pipeline Deal at Governor’s Request, The New York Times (January 2, 2019).
- Joseph Hernandez, In New Jersey, Deaths At The Hands Of Police May Face Outside Scrutiny, NPR (January 1, 2019).
For all ACSblogs on State Attorneys General, click here.
- Zinelle October and Faisal Sheikh, State Attorneys General Impact Our Everyday Lives; Their Elections Matter, ACSBlog (November 6, 2018).
- Alexandra O’Keefe, More Than 30 State Attorneys General Are Up for Election in 2018. Their Races Are Even More Important Than You Think, ACSBlog (November 5, 2018).
- Jonathan Miller, Beyond the Courts: The Role of State and Local Governments in Supporting Immigrant Communities in the Trump Era, ACSblog (July 17, 2018).
- Andy Beshear, Kentucky Must Keep the Promise on Pensions for Teachers, Police, State Workers, ACSblog (Apr. 30, 2018).
- James Tierney, It’s Time To Take On Big Opioid Like We Did With Big Tobacco, ACSblog (Mar. 5, 2018).
- Alan Neff, State Prosecutions After Trump Pardons – Mueller’s Plan B?, ACSblog (Feb. 28, 2018).
- Terri Gerstein, Microsoft ends forced arbitration for sexual harassment: good news, but only a first step, ACSblog (Jan. 8, 2018).
- James Tierney, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan Takes Action to Compel Reform in the Chicago Police Department, ACSblog (Sept. 1, 2017).
- James Tierney, A Courageous Response to the Voice of Hate, ACSblog (Aug. 23, 2017).
- Ngozi Esomonu, Resistance from State Attorneys General Reminds Trump that No One is Above the Law, ACSblog (June 14, 2017).
- Leah Litman, States and The Emoluments Clause, ACSblog (June 13, 2017).
- Faisal Sheikh, Bipartisan Coalition of State AGs Oppose Defunding Legal Services Corporation, ACSblog (May 25, 2017).
- James Tierney, Twenty-One AGs Urge Education Secretary to Reconsider Rollback of Student Loan Reforms, ACSblog (May 2, 2017).
- James Tierney, Sabin Center and StateAG.org Launch Environmental Action Database, ACSblog (Mar. 16, 2017).
- James Tierney, Maryland Legislature Expands State AG Authority – Finally!, ACSblog (Mar. 3, 2017).