News and Blogs
A collection of news articles and ACSblog posts spotlighting state attorneys general and their work.
National State AG News
- Kate Sullivan, Federal judge blocks Trump administration’s Title X abortion ‘gag rule,’ CNN (April 26, 2019).
- Travis Andersen, Matt Stout, and John R. Ellement, Attorney General Maura Healey rips federal indictment of Newton judge, The Boston Globe (April 25, 2019).
- Mike Isaac, New York Attorney General to Investigate Facebook Email Collection, The New York Times (April 25, 2019).
- Steve Karnowski, Lawmakers: For-profit insurers could raid Minnesota reserves, Miami Herald (April 23, 2019).
- Robin Opsahl, Iowa House votes to limit powers of Iowa attorney general, who’s filed suits against Trump, Des Moines Register (April 23, 2019).
- Press Release, Attorney General Ferguson’s Bill to ban 3D-printed “ghost guns” passes Legislature, Washington State Office of the Attorney General (April 23, 2019).
For all ACSblogs on State Attorneys General, click here.
- Alan Neff, On Wisconsin: Suing In State Court To Overturn Republicanss’ Lame-Duck Sore-Loser Legislation, ACSBlog (January 22, 2019).
- Jeff Mandel and Craig Mastantuono, Brazen Effort to Curtail Wisconsin Attorney General’s Power is Unconstitutional, ACSBlog (December 5, 2018).
- Zinelle October and Faisal Sheikh, State Attorneys General Impact Our Everyday Lives; Their Elections Matter, ACSBlog (November 6, 2018).
- Alexandra O’Keefe, More Than 30 State Attorneys General Are Up for Election in 2018. Their Races Are Even More Important Than You Think, ACSBlog (November 5, 2018).
- Jonathan Miller, Beyond the Courts: The Role of State and Local Governments in Supporting Immigrant Communities in the Trump Era, ACSblog (July 17, 2018).
- Andy Beshear, Kentucky Must Keep the Promise on Pensions for Teachers, Police, State Workers, ACSblog (Apr. 30, 2018).
- James Tierney, It’s Time To Take On Big Opioid Like We Did With Big Tobacco, ACSblog (Mar. 5, 2018).
- Alan Neff, State Prosecutions After Trump Pardons – Mueller’s Plan B?, ACSblog (Feb. 28, 2018).
- Terri Gerstein, Microsoft ends forced arbitration for sexual harassment: good news, but only a first step, ACSblog (Jan. 8, 2018).
- James Tierney, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan Takes Action to Compel Reform in the Chicago Police Department, ACSblog (Sept. 1, 2017).
- James Tierney, A Courageous Response to the Voice of Hate, ACSblog (Aug. 23, 2017).
- Ngozi Esomonu, Resistance from State Attorneys General Reminds Trump that No One is Above the Law, ACSblog (June 14, 2017).
- Leah Litman, States and The Emoluments Clause, ACSblog (June 13, 2017).
- Faisal Sheikh, Bipartisan Coalition of State AGs Oppose Defunding Legal Services Corporation, ACSblog (May 25, 2017).
- James Tierney, Twenty-One AGs Urge Education Secretary to Reconsider Rollback of Student Loan Reforms, ACSblog (May 2, 2017).
- James Tierney, Sabin Center and StateAG.org Launch Environmental Action Database, ACSblog (Mar. 16, 2017).
- James Tierney, Maryland Legislature Expands State AG Authority – Finally!, ACSblog (Mar. 3, 2017).