December 6, 2022
Episode 79: What the Crypto?
Recent weeks witnessed the complete collapse of FTX, a cryptocurrency exchange. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen referred to FTX’s downfall as a “Lehman moment” for cryptocurrency, referring to Lehman Brothers' collapse in the 2008 financial crisis. On this episode, Jeanne Hruska speaks with Professor Yesha Yadav of Vanderbilt University and Aaron Klein of the Brookings Institution to discuss this “Lehman moment,” its consequences for crypto more broadly, and whether FTX's downfall could push crypto-specific regulations across the finish line.
- Yesha Yadav, Professor of Law, Vanderbilt University Law School
- Aaron Klein, Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution
- "Don’t Let FTX Executives Off the Hook Like Bankers in 2008," by Aaron Klein
- "It's Time to Regulate Crypto," The Weeds Podcast
- Transcript of Sam Bankman-Fried’s Interview at the NYT DealBook Summit
Email the Show: Podcast@ACSLaw.org
|Listen on iTunes||Listen on Google||Listen on Spotify||Listen on TuneIn||Listen on Stitcher||Listen on Deezer||Listen on Radio Public|
Technical production provided by Flint Stone Media