ACS Member News: November 2023
- ACS Board of Directors Member Ganesh Sitaraman authored “When air travel featured piano bars and champagne” in CNN; and appeared on The Politics of Everything podcast for a segment on “What’s Causing Those Airline Close Calls?”; and on The Politics Guys podcast for an episode on “Why Flying Is Miserable – And How to Fix It”; and; and was quoted in “Airport Hits Turbulence During Rapid Expansion” in Nashville Scene; and in “Thanksgiving travel from Nashville: Preparation, flights, tickets, more for holiday” in The Tennessean.
- ACS Board of Directors Member Melissa Murray co-authored “The Conservative Supreme Court Vision That Means Inequality for Women” in The New York Times; and appeared on the Beat with Ari Melber for a segment on “Clarence Thomas scandal corners high court: New 'code' adopted over calls for reform”; and was quoted in “Things to know about efforts to block people from crossing state lines for abortion” in Associated Press.
- ACS Board of Advisors Member Adam Winkler appeared on the Bloomberg Law podcast for a segment on “Justices Ready to Uphold Gun Ban on Domestic Abusers”; and was quoted in “Macron moves to add abortion to France’s constitution, reacting to U.S.” and in “Gunmen is 7 of 2023’s Deadliest Mass Killings Showed Warning Signs” in The Washington Post.
- ACS Board of Academic Advisors Member Erwin Chemerinsky authored “Supreme Court finally has code of ethics, but it has a fatal flaw” in The Los Angeles Times; and was quoted in “Legitimacy of ‘customer’ in Supreme Court gay rights case raises ethical and legal flags” in Associated Press; and in “Democrats race to confirm judges as a firewall against a Trump ‘revenge tour’” in The Boston Globe.
- ACS Board of Academic Advisors Member Ruben Garcia appeared on WFLX 29 for a segment on “EXPERTS: The state of labor unions with UNLV Law Professor Ruben Garcia.”
- ACS Board of Academic Advisors Member Stephen Vladeck was quoted in “Amid blowback over Clarence Thomas travel, Supreme Court says it will adopt first-ever code of conduct” in USA Today; and in “The Supreme Court Has Adopted a Conduct Code, but Who Will Enforce It?” in Propublica; and in “Lawmakers Slam SCOTUS’s New Nonbinding Ethics Code as “Useless” PR Stunt” in Truthout; and in “Supreme Court says Florida can’t enforce anti-drag law” in CNN; and in “Republicans Have a New Plan to Save the Supreme Court Abortion Pill Case” in Slate.
- Former ACS Board Member Linda Greenhouse authored “Will the Supreme Court Toss Out a Gun Law Meant to Protect Women?” in The New York Times.
- ACS Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Faculty Advisor Kate Shaw co-authored “The Conservative Supreme Court Vision That Means Inequality for Women” in The New York Times.
- ACS Madison Lawyer Chapter Leader Jeff Mandell was quoted in “JusticePoint continues jail alternatives work as Milwaukee tries to cancel contract” in Wisconsin Watch; and in “Oral arguments scheduled Tuesday before Wisconsin Supreme Court in state legislative maps case” in WISN 12.
- ACS New York City Chapter Member Janice Grubin was awarded the American Bar Association Commission on Gender and Sexual Orientation’s 2024 Stonewall Award.
- ACS Madison Lawyer Chapter President Steve Porter appeared on WORT 89.9FM Madison for a segment on “Youth Outreach Organizers Talk Unity and Democracy.”
- ACS Member Candice Kline was named a 2023 Top Women in Law honoree by Law Bulletin Media and Chicago Lawyer Magazine.
Got news? Please submit your clips to firstname.lastname@example.org