April 20, 2022
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm, Eastern Time
ACS Transition/Farewell Meeting Agenda
● State your year, section, your current or new position, what you will be doing this
summer or after graduation, and why you chose ACS
● New ACS National Rep:
○ Robert Williams
● Overview of funding for next year
● Type of opportunities available for this summer and next year
○ 2022 ACS National Convention
■ Date: June 16-18
■ Location: Marriott Marquis in Washington, D.C
Possible Events For Next Year:
● Truth, Racial Healing, and Transformation Program
○ Recommended Date: Fall Semester → September-October
○ Collaborative Program with UDC
■ Shawn will remain on the UDC E-Board for next year and is eager to make sure this collaborative event happens.
■ Dr. Marcus Hunter:
● Marcus will be on a book tour this summer but should become available again around September-October.
■ Senator Cory Booker & Rep. Barbra Lee
● We have a contact, Donte Taylor, who worked closely with both activists on policy work on the hill. He is willing to make that connection.
● Event with Everytown for Gun Safety
○ The folks at Everytown are amazing so if there is another topic you’d like them to talk about that isn’t listed here, let them know and they’ll work with you to coordinate that program! Available Topics to organize and event around include:
■ Careers in Gun Violence Prevention (affirmative litigation, policy, etc.)
■ Second Amendment and the Supreme Court, including New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Corlett was argued before the Supreme Court on November 3, 2021.
■ Stand Your Ground Laws, and Black Lives Matter
■ Police Violence Against Protestors
■ Second Amendment 101 (with a section for any local Second Amendment concerns)
■ Gun Violence Prevention and the Second Amendment
■ Lawless Counties - the Lie Behind the Second Amendment 'Sanctuary' Movement
■ Gun Violence Prevention Litigation (general overview of affirmative and municipal litigation)
■ Civil Rights and Gun Violence Prevention
● Field trip to the National Archives!
● Community Service Opportunity
○ Constitution in the Classroom
● Every current e-board member must exchange contact information with their predecessor.
● Every e-board member shall become national members of ACS through paying annual $10 student fee