- Jarrett Adams, exonerated lawyer; Judge Lynn Adelman, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin; Tom Barrett, Milwaukee Mayor; Jerry Buting, Criminal Defense Attorney featured in Making a Murderer; John Chisholm, Milwaukee County District Attorney; Judge Pedro Colón, Milwaukee County Circuit Court; Austin Evers, Executive Director, American Oversight; Kimberly M. Foxx, Cook County State’s Attorney; Ruth Greenwood, Senior Legal Counsel, Campaign Legal Center; Joshua L. Kaul, Counsel, Perkins Coie; Bill Leuders, Managing Editor, The Progressive; Valerie Newman, Michigan State Appellate Defender Office; Estuardo Rodriguez, Jr., Principal, The Raben Group; Melissa Ryan, Founder, Factual Democracy Project; Judge Mary Jane Theis, Illinois Supreme Court Justice; Alora Thomas, Staff Attorney, ACLU; and Mark Thomsen, Chair, Wisconsin Elections Commission.
- Keynote address from Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan
- Learn from the attorneys on the front lines of resistance efforts in Wisconsin and across the US
- Earn CLE credit for enhancing the skills you use as an ACS leader and as an attorney
- Opening reception at Milwaukee City Hall Thursday evening hosted by Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett
- Dinner at the Milwaukee Public Market Friday evening
- Interactive workshops at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education in Downtown Milwaukee Friday and Saturday
- Fellowships for Public Interest and Government Lawyers Available here
- Special Subsidized Registrations for Wisconsin Lawyers Available thanks to the Brico Fund
- More details (including our INCREDIBLE keynote speakers!) will be announced soon, but here is a working outline
Members of the National Host Committee include Alexis Cole, URGE: Unite for Reproductive & Gender Equity, Co-President, Washington, D.C. Lawyer Chapter; Scott Greytak, Represent.Us, Past President, Washington D.C. Lawyer Chapter; Chris Henjum, Flaherty & Hood, P.A., Co-President, Minneapolis-St. Paul Lawyer Chapter; Adam Kenworthy, Story County Attorney’s Office, Chair, Iowa Lawyer Chapter; Meredith Kincaid, Jones Day, Chair, Georgia Lawyer Chapter; Michael Meuti, Baker & Hostetler, LLP, Immediate Past President, Northeast Ohio Chapter; Joseph Parsons, Jones Day, Chair, Pittsburgh Lawyer Chapter; Peg Perl, Democracy TNG, Board of Directors, Colorado Lawyer Chapter; Manuel Quinto-Pozos, Deats Durst & Owen, P.L.L.C., Chair, Austin Lawyer Chapter; Dan Roth, Law Office of Dan Roth, Immediate Past Chair, Bay Area Lawyer Chapter, Past President, Columbus Lawyer Chapter; Neal Sarkar, AZA, Chair, Houston Lawyer Chapter; Saraswati Singh, Minnesota Attorney General’s Office, Co- President, Minneapolis-St. Paul Lawyer Chapter*; and Grace Stranch, Branstetter, Stranch, & Jennings PLLC, Chair, Knoxville Lawyer Chapter.
*Ms. Singh represents herself in this capacity and not the Attorney General.
Registration for our first ever National Lawyer Convening is now open!
Questions? Email us at [email protected].