ACS hosted a briefing on Conestoga Wood Specialties v. Sebelius and Sebelius v. Hobby Lobby Stores, two cases that involve religious exemption claims raised by for-profit corporations and their owners to the provision of the Affordable Care Act that requires employers to provide preventive health care, including contraception, to employees without cost sharing. The cases will be argued together before the Supreme Court on March 25, 2014.
- Kimberly Atkins, Washington Bureau Chief, Lawyers Weekly, The Daily Record and sister newspapers (moderator)
- Kevin T. Baine, Partner, Williams & Connolly LLP
- Caroline Mala Corbin, Professor of Law, University of Miami School of Law
- Walter Dellinger, Former acting Solicitor General; Partner, O'Melveny & Myers LLP; Douglas B. Maggs Emeritus Professor of Law, Duke University
- Frederick Mark Gedicks, Guy Anderson Chair and Professor of Law, Brigham Young University Law School