Become a member or renew your membership!
Enjoy member benefits that include:
- Regular updates on our work and key issues through our Weekly Bulletin, access to our jobs bank, and invitations to in-person and online events, including briefing calls by leading progressive legal experts.
- Network and connect with a community of lawyers, judges, policy experts, legislators, law students, and academics.
- Complimentary e-subscriptions to the Harvard Law & Policy Review, the official journal of ACS, and Advance, the journal of the ACS Issue Groups.
ACS memberships are based on a minimum donation of:
- $10 for law students and recent graduates.
- $25 for government, nonprofit, and academic employees.
- $50 for private sector employees.
Other Membership Information
- Standard ACS memberships (all donation levels $25 and above) are valid for the calendar year in which your donation is made. Gifts received in November or December will create active membership status for the following calendar year.
- ACS student memberships follow an academic year and are valid from August 1 – July 31. Gifts received on or after July 1 will create active membership status through July 31 of the following year.
- Law students graduating this year are eligible for our young lawyer membership, which will be valid through December 31 of the year after they graduate to help ease the transition to the professional legal community. These memberships must be paid for by July 31 of the graduation year.
ACS is a nonpartisan, nonprofit 501(c)(3) educational organization. Gifts are tax-deductible for federal income tax purposes to the full extent provided by law, except $10 student memberships are not tax-deductible