November 9, 2018
9:00 am - 2:30 pm , Eastern Time
ACS Washington, DC: The Power of Public Interest: Corporate Accountability in the 21st Century
Join the Washington, DC Lawyer Chapter and the American University Washington College of Law Student Chapter of the American Constitution Society for the inaugural symposium, "The Power of Public Interest: Corporate Accountability in the 21st Century," on Friday, November 9. Consumer rights activist Ralph Nader will deliver the keynote.
RSVP is free but required. To RSVP, visit www.wcl.american.edu/secle/registration.
The agenda is below:
9:00 a.m. - Registration and Introduction
9:20 a.m. - Panel 1: "Issues in Corporate Accountability: From Then to Now"
- Pamela Gilbert, Partner, Cuneo Gilbert & LaDuca LLP
- Robert Vaughn, Professor of Law Emeritus, Washington College of Law
- Julie Murray, Attorney, Public Citizen
- Alex Elson, Senior Counsel, National Student Legal Defense Network
- Moderated by Steven Shapiro, Professor, Washington College of Law
11:00 a.m. - Keynote
11:35 a.m. - Panel 2: "Putting Your Degree to Use: Potential Careers"
- Chris White, Deputy General Counsel for Ethics and Professional Responsibility, Federal Trade Commission
- Benjamin Wiseman, Director, Office of Consumer Protection of the Attorney General of the District of Columbia
- Ariel Levinson-Waldman, Executive Director, Tzedek DC
- Sean X. McKessy, Partner, Phillips & Cohen LLP
- Moderated by Reuben Guttman, Partner, Guttman Buschner & Brooks
1:15 p.m. - Lunch Discussion
- Brad Miller, former U.S. Representative for North Carolina's 13th congressional district
Questions? Email email@example.com.