Director or Associate Director of Network Advancement, State Attorney General Project
ACS has an opening for an Associate Director or Director of Network Advancement to work on our State Attorneys General Project (AG Project). Launched in 2017, the AG Project is a multifaceted initiative that develops and disseminates legal resources and host events for ACS members that examine the actions of state attorneys general and the emerging national/local legal and policy issues they work on. It also serves as a venue for state AG staff, advocates, academics and other experts to share model best practices and cultivate important relationships. This position can be remote or in our national office in Washington, DC.
The Assistant or Associate Director of Network Advancement will:
- Assist Vice President of Network Advancement in coordinating all of ACS’s State AG Project work and
- Have familiarity with state AG jurisdiction, as well as recent cases and developments
- Work with Policy and Program department to organize meetings for AG staff, advocacy organizations and other experts on specific topics (e.g. immigration, criminal justice reform)
- Facilitate outreach to state attorneys general offices and outside organizations.
- Assist Strategic Engagement team in pipeline development to AG offices
- Assist Lawyer Chapter and Policy and Program’s teams to develop and plan state AG related events that also raise ACS’s profile and broaden its impact in key legal markets around the country
- Develop materials and guidance as necessary
- Track and implement state AG related events, programs and engagement
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time within the overall department.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following qualifications and personal attributes:
- Experience working in a state AG office preferred or state/local government agency
- Contacts within state AG world
- Team player as well as ability to work independently
- Ability to absorb information about several moving parts
- Excellent writing skills
- Thrives in an outcome-driven work culture
- Knowledge of current legal and public policy issues and needs
- Some travel for meetings and events is required
- JD and 4+ years of post-law school experience
- Social media, HTML, Excel and Salesforce experience are a plus
Salary will be commensurate with experience. ACS values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. ACS encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability and veteran status. Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.