Much attention is currently being paid to the slow pace of judicial confirmations, and one place to look for an explanation is the nominee pipeline. On November 18th, ACS brought together those who have had direct experience with federal judicial selection, students of vetting committees set up by legislators to review potential nominees, and others interested in a more transparent process.
The panel discussion was held from 12:30 - 2:00 p.m. at the National Press Club and featured:
* Moderator, Carrie Johnson, NPR Justice Correspondent
* Rachel Brand, Counsel, WilmerHale; Former Assistant Attorney General for Legal Policy (2003-2007); Associate Counsel to the President (2001-2002)
* Robert Raben, President and Founder, The Raben Group; Former Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs (1999-2001)
* Wm. T. (Bill) Robinson III, President-Elect, American Bar Association (2010-2011)
* Russell Wheeler, Brookings Institution, Visiting Fellow, Governance Studies