On June 22, 2011, ACS and the Center for American Progress co-hosted "Closing the Justice Gap: Bridging the Divide Between People Who Need Legal Services and Those Who Have Access to Them." The event featured welcoming remarks by Caroline Fredrickson, ACS Executive Director, and the following panelists:
- Jeanne Charn, Director, Bellow-Sacks Access to Civil Legal Services Project, Harvard Law School
- Peter Edelman, Professor, Georgetown University Law Center
- Alan Houseman, Executive Director, Center for Law and Social Policy
- Joy Moses, Senior Policy Analyst, Center for American Progress
- Moderated by: Michel Martin, Tell Me More host, NPR.